Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Neighbours Who Love To Give



My house was apparently once a stable and a part of a bigger farm. The other buildings of this "farm" have long been divided into smaller lots, and the proprietors of these, make up my neighbours. We have since gotten to know around half of our neighbours, who are generally septuagenarian and my favourite one, our pal, Pierre, an octogenarian. He and his wife, Solange are just wonderful neighbours who like to give us things - mostly produce from their 3,500 metre squared garden chum orchard. They have been sending us basketful of tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, mirabelles, flowers and so on and so on. The other day, they brought over apples and again, tomatoes! Isn't that nice? Now, if I was still living in concrete Petaling Jaya, I would perhaps be getting less of such kindness from neighbours. That's the beauty of living in the countryside. An abundance of vegetation. A profusion of genorisity.

In return of their kindness, I would add ample calories to their diet by baking them a cake or two!

No comments: